Sutherlands in the 1920's
The Sutherlands Hotel was run by Mrs. M. D. Murphy and then later ran by her son James Murphy. People boarded at the hotel and some people stayed their over night. The Hotel was made out of stone and corrugated roofing.
In their backyard they had fowls, pigs, a stable and an outhouse.
Nearby was a weatherboard construction which was used for a hall till the Sutherlands Hall was constructed.
The Sutherlands Hotel valued at £1900. It was on 1/2 an acre of land.
Go to Buildings for more information on the Hotel.